JEE Main is known to be one of the toughest exams to crack in India. Aspirants must work really hard to excel in this exam. Lakhs of students attempt JEE Mains to achieve their dream of joining IIT or NIT or other prestigious institutions. Hence, the competition is very high.
If you are one of those who are yet to start the preparation or feel pressured about how to start, do not worry. This article will provide you with the preparation tips for JEE Main to help you prepare well to face the exam. These tips along with your hard work will definitely help you to crack the exam.
- Understand the Exam Pattern and syllabus: Students should know completely about the exam pattern and the syllabus. This will help you to know the important chapters as well as the topics having more weightage. This will help you to prepare a proper and effective strategy.
- Prepare a definite timetable: An effective timetable is a must to crack exams like JEE Mains. Make a list of daily goals and allot time for each subject. Having goals will help you to utilize your time wisely. Avoiding late-night studies and studying during the early morning is the best way for you to concentrate. Take a mini-break between the schedules. Spend at least 8 hours of studying per day.
- Segregate the JEE Main Syllabus: It is recommended to divide the Class 11 syllabus and Class 12 Syllabus. Segregate the chapters into easy, medium, and tough. Later, among these, divide the topics into weak and strong and according to the marks weightage.
- Math: You should have both theoretical and problem-solving skills to ace this section. Understand the theory and apply it to solve different problems. You can score better in this section by practicing efficiently.
- Physics: Have a deep understanding of the core concepts rather than just memorizing them. Apply it to solve various questions.
- Chemistry: It involves so many reactions, mechanisms, and equations. You should be thorough with all the names, symbols, and diagrams.
- Use The Right Books: Choosing the right IIT JEE study materials has been a tough task for the students. You should make sure you choose a book according to the syllabus and has all the topics covered. Usually, NCERT books are recommended as they cover the basics of advanced topics in a detailed manner. It will help the students obtain strong conceptual knowledge. And also, 60-70% of the questions are asked from the NCERT books. But they are not enough to practice the practical problems. So, choose the right reference books carefully to save time.
- Practice: The more you practice, the better you understand the methods to solve a question. Complete all the easy topics and move to the tough ones. Practicing will help you to know your weak areas. Spend more time on improving the topics you are weak in. Make notes of whatever you study. It is the best way to save time and remember the concepts you learned for a longer time. Instead of solving 100 questions per topic, it is recommended to solve a particular question in different ways. Learn shortcuts and tricks to solve the questions and save time during the exam.
- Formulas are very important: Some questions will mostly be based on direct formulas and the students must remember them. Write down all the formulas on a sheet and paste them into your study room. Revise it before you sleep or whenever you can. This is important as there will be formula-based questions in the exam.
- Solve JEE Main Previous and Sample Question Papers: Solve as many previous and sample question papers as you can. This will help to increase your skills, speed, and accuracy. You can get a complete overview of the type of questions that will be asked and the marking scheme. Analyze the most repeated questions and give extra attention to those concepts. To get a clear conceptual clarity, it’s very important to practice problems based on the topic. Practice sample papers after completing a chapter. Regular practice is a must to improve accuracy.
- Attempt Mock Tests: Attempt 2-3 mock tests in a day after completing the syllabus. It will give you real hand experience of the exam which is conducted in computer-based mode. Mock tests will help you in time management. You will also get to know the topic you are having difficulty with as well as how thorough you are with the entire syllabus. This will help to increase your confidence.
- Revision: Revising at least twice is very important. Revise once after you complete a chapter as well as after completing the entire syllabus. The notes you have prepared should be in such a way that you don’t need to revisit the textbooks. Short notes should include important concepts and formulae. It is the best way to recall what you have learned earlier and to save time.
- Manage the Time Efficiently: Time is the most important factor in this exam. Don’t waste much time on a question. Skip and move to next. Complete all the questions you know first and later to those you find difficult. This will for sure help you not lose marks to those questions you know.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Wake up early and eat healthy food. Have 8 hours of sleep every day. Take small breaks to refresh your mind. Make sure you keep your body and mind healthy and peaceful.
- The day before the exam: Don’t touch any books before the exam. Keep your mind calm and try to recall what you have studied earlier. Listen to music and do anything you like. Try keeping your mind off the tension. Have a really good sleep and eat good food before the exam.
Hope these tips will help you gain confidence and make you ready for the exam. Be confident in your preparation and always remember that you will achieve what you want when you give your 100% hard work. All the best!