With peak summertime just lurking around the calendar, we all know that the frequent power outages will soon cause disruption in our lives. As most items today rely on electricity, power outages can put a halt to all our daily activities for an extended period of time. One of the simplest ways to solve this problem is to install a reliable inverter for home, that can deliver a continuous power supply even in case of power outages and blackouts.
Image Source: Luminous
What Are Inverters?
Inverters are power backup solutions that supply uninterrupted power even during power cuts. Power backup systems can be divided into UPS units and inverters for home. These inverters assist in the conversion of direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC), which is then utilized to power our electrical equipment. There are various types of inverters for homes that can meet a variety of power requirements.
In this inverter buying guide, we have come up with a small checklist of the various dos and don’ts you should follow while looking for the best inverter for home.
Do’s Of Buying An Inverter For Home
- You should consider the purpose, length, load quantities, and so on for which you require an inverter at home. This will help you decide if you require a UPS unit or an inverter for home for your use.
- Before beginning any other stage, you should always calculate the load required for your inverter for home. This is possible with the use of online load calculators, which are available on a variety of websites.
- Batteries are an essential component to look for when buying an inverter for home. It is critical to get batteries that are compatible with your inverter. They are available in a variety of shapes and sizes, including tubular, flat plate, and gel batteries. It is critical to select the battery based on the capacity of the inverter.
- Your purchase should be on the basis of the best brand available in the market. To buy an inverter for home, only trust well-known brands with expertise in this particular field.
- Inverters specialize in a variety of technologies. As a result, they are classified as sine wave, square wave, and stepped sine wave. This depends on the inverter’s capability and requirements. Therefore, it is important to understand your exact required technology before buying an inverter for home.
- The price of an inverter should be decided after considering all deals and monetary incentives. This can include things like warranty period, after-sale services, installation, etc.
Don’ts Of Buying An Inverter For Home
- You should avoid purchasing your inverter for home from local sellers who are offering unbelievable discounts. While they may provide their products at enticingly low prices, after some time, the product may get damaged, and turn unrepairable. Inverters for the home should always be purchased from a trusted brand to avoid fraudulent outcomes.
- For your inverter, do not buy any battery you find, rather consider investing in a high-quality battery. The quality of the battery you select determines the life of the inverter. Only compatible batteries should be purchased for your inverter for home.
- Check the manufacturing date of the battery pack before purchasing a battery. Choosing one with a recent manufacturing date is equally as vital as its performance. If the battery is old, you can have it recharged by the vendor.
- Make sure you know what’s included in the price of your inverter for home before you buy it. Most essential, look for a solid warranty. Do not make any purchases without understanding the price point of the inverter properly.
A well-thought-out and informed decision should be made when purchasing an inverter for the home. After reading this article, we hope you have the desired information about home inverters. There is a wide selection of inverters from trusted brands like Luminous that are priced reasonably to suit the needs of any homeowner. So, take your pick wisely!