What is React Native?
The programmers who created React JS decided that it was unfair to give access to such a lovely tool only to web developers and created the React Native platform based on React JS. The essence of the platform lies in a fast, convenient and relatively simple format for developing mobile applications.
If you have been familiar with React JS before, you know how quickly you can manipulate various data on any HTML page. Each of your components has everything you need: styles, functions and HTML markup. The same, but slightly changed development format, they transferred to React Native and made it possible to create mobile applications.
Why is it needed, and why is it cool for java?
Let’s say you decided to develop a specific mobile project. Many questions immediately arise. What language to learn: Java or Swift, or maybe it’s better to try at all C ++? And what language to learn if you need to develop for several platforms?
And there are a lot of such questions. All of them need to be answered before developing a mobile app. Moreover, your application will most likely only run on one OS.
The developers understand this and try to save other young developers from this headache. As an alternative solution, they came up with React Native technology.
You get a lot of source good things.
- First, your project will work correctly on many operating systems at once. On the same iOS or Android, there will be no problems. You no longer need to write two applications in different languages for two operating platforms.
- Second, all the code is updated live. You immediately see what you are writing. If we talk about Swift or Java, then to see the result, you first need to compile the project.
What is he capable of?
The question to ask is: What is a typical website capable of? A website can contain a beautiful design, connect to a database, handle payments from the user, and have a large set of animations, pictures, fonts, and other elements.
The difference between a website and a mobile application lies in several points. The website cannot send PUSH notifications, cannot be accessed offline, and cannot be on the home page of the screen. So, a website cannot, but a project based on React Native can.
Below is a list of projects based on this platform:
- Wallmart store chain app;
- Bloomberg media application;
- SoundCloud Pulse app;
- Wix website builder;
- projects from Facebook: Instagram, Facebook Ads.
You will need a small list of projects based on React Native.
What do you need to know before the course?
A course for beginners from scratch to complete the study of these technologies is presented on our website.
In our React Native Tutorials for Beginners from Scratch course, we’ll start by exploring the basic concepts of React Native. We will learn how to create components, implement pop-ups, add styles to everything, and test virtual devices.
In the course, we will additionally develop several applications. We’ll create a to-do list and draft a news app. In the project, we will have articles, will be able to view them, and will also be able to add source
Cons of React Native
- Still not 1.0.0.
Usually, in the project, they stayed on a specific version of the RN. Updates often resulted in the library or internal RN breaks. The automatic version update tools were not doing well. It was faster to re-create the project on a new version, as outsourcing customers do not pay for the time spent on updating.
They were updated only when the required library required it, or a critical bug for us was fixed in the new version. You will need a risk that the old libraries might be incompatible with the new version of React Native. But a year and a half have already passed; let’s check how with this now. Let’s try to update React Native in a couple of minutes because the customer’s time is important to us.
React focuses on web development.
- The virtual DOM in React is faster than the regular full update modelbecause the virtual DOM only updates parts of the page.
- You can reuse code componentsin React, saving you a lot of time. (You can do it in React Native too.)
- For professional: the complete display of your pages, from server to browser, will recover the SEO of your web application.
- This increases the speed of debugging,making your developer’s life easier.
- You will need to use hybrid mobile app advance like Cordova or Ionic to figure mobile apps with React, but it’s more effective to build mobile apps with React Native in many ways.