Women with breast cancer often consider breast reconstruction to restore symmetry, shape, and appearance of one or two breasts. According to a survey, every 2 minutes, a woman is getting diagnosed with breast cancer in America.
You can find the best East Windsor, NJ, breast reconstructive surgeon like MATTHEW J. LYNCH to reach your goal. They have an expert team who helps to rebuild the confidence and restore the breast for cancer patients at competitive rates.
This procedure is also sensitive, so you need to consider an experienced team to guide you. Diagnosis of cancer and the following treatment changes everything and may come with emotions, so it’s essential to know everything in detail to make the right decision.
Questions to Ask a Plastic Surgeon in New Jersey
In this article, you can learn a few questions about breast reconstruction that help you in choosing the right option suitable for you.
Ask About the Professional Experience of the Surgeon
If you are looking to consider breast reconstruction, it’s ideal to choose a certified surgeon. So, during your consultation get to know about the surgeon, you can ask questions like:
- Are you a board-certified surgeon?
- Are you trained in the plastic surgery field?
- What is your experience in a similar field?
- Where will you perform the procedure?
- Is it a licensed hospital?
- Can I go through the reviews of the previous patients?
- Can I look at the previous patients’ before and after photographs?
Ask About the Procedure
- What kind of procedure will you do?
- What are the risks associated with the surgery?
- What can I expect from the procedure?
- Which kind of surgery is the right one for me?
- Will the surgery affect the radiation therapy or chemotherapy?
- How long will the surgery be performed?
- What is the cost of the surgery?
- Will it cover my insurance?
- What precautions do I have to take before the procedure?
- What do I have to follow immediately after the procedure?
- Can I return home after the procedure?
Ask About the Recovery Period
- How long is the recovery likely to take?
- Is the recovery painful?
- How long will the results last?
- How many days do I have to take a rest?
- What do the results look like?
Many surgeons offer the best cosmetic procedures in New Jersey. Among those, choose an experienced, certified surgeon and book your appointment to discuss whether you are the right candidate for breast reconstruction or not.