(Analysis of the development momentum of immune chromatographic technology in the current epidemic environment of infectious diseases)
Since the outbreak of the new coronavirus pneumonia in 2019, the new crown virus has spread rapidly around the world. Hundreds of millions of people have been diagnosed with the new crown virus. Millions of people have died of the new crown virus, which has become a major and long-term disaster in the history of human development. Cause serious harm to global human life safety, economic culture, and social development. Despite the unremitting efforts of the Chinese people, the domestic epidemic has been clearly controlled. However, in India, in other countries overseas, the virus has become however, the epidemic is still at a high outbreak stage. In addition, other infectious diseases such as influenza virus, Mycoplasma pneumonia, adenovirus, HIV and other infectious diseases also require our ordinary people to be vigilant and prevent it; scientific researchers need to continue to research and develop more. Lateral flow membrane is a test for rapid checking COVID 19 disease. For diagnose your disease and take guidelines than visit on our profile.
With the increasing demand for health and the continuous development of medical and health services, in vitro diagnostics (IVD) is playing an increasingly important role in the field of medicine data show that currently about 80% of clinical diagnosis is done by in vitro diagnosis, making IVD the largest medical device segment. Since the outbreak of the epidemic, IVD companies of all sizes have sprung up like mushrooms after a rain, and the IVD industry has shown a prosperous scene.
In 2020, the Ministry of Science and Technology issued the “New Coronavirus (2019-nCOV) On-site rapid detection product R&D emergency project application guidelines”, which opened the curtain on the new crown on-site rapid inspection, the guide mentioned a total of three types of products: nucleic acid rapid detection equipment and reagents, antigen rapid detection reagents and antibodies Rapid detection reagents. Two of them are immune chromatographic virus rapid detection reagents, which provide a strong driving force for the development of the IVD industry. Among them, glass fiber filter paper, cotton fiber filter paper, nitrocellulose membrane and other products have been widely used in lateral flow immune chromatography the main POCT field.
Lateral flow immune chromatography
Nitrocellulose membrane lateral flow is often used to carrier of C/T line in colloidal gold test strip. It’s used for biological experiments and the most widely used in the market is lateral flow immune chromatography. Lateral flow immune chromatographic test strips are mainly composed of sample pads, conjugate release pads, nitrocellulose (NC) membranes, absorbent pads, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) bottom plates, as shown in Figure 1. The main working principle is based on the membrane (NC membrane) or pipe as the carrier, and one end of the carrier is coated with a known specific antigen or antibody. After adding the sample to be tested to the sample end, due to capillary action, the sample diffuses through the immune system by capillary force. The probe rehydrates the immune probe and makes the analytic in the sample bind to the probe. The complex of the probe and the analytic diffuses to the carrier and moves forward in a specific direction. When it moves to the immobilized antigen or when the antibody is in the area, the complex specifically binds to it and is fixed, and the excess probe continues to move forward to the control area to be captured, and the detection is completed.
The most critical component in lateral flow immune chromatography is the nitrocellulose (NC) membrane. The thermodynamic and kinetic properties of detection depend largely on protein adsorption and capillary action, which are closely related to the physical and chemical properties of the membrane. The function of the membrane is to fix it by the adsorption characteristics of the specific target molecule in the detection line and the control line (typically by antibodies), while the sample and detection conjugate are guided to the reaction area. Nitrocellulose (NC) has high protein adsorption, porosity and wettability, and is suitable for most detection applications.
POCT (Point of Care Testing) is also called point-of-care testing or bedside testing. It refers to a testing method that uses portable analytical instruments and supporting reagents to quickly obtain test results before the patient’s bed. It is a test method that can be provided in different clinical environments. Fast means of testing results. Point-of-care testing is a new type of testing method and is widely used in clinics. It enables patients to be treated in an effective time. The procedure is simple, easy to operate, short in time, high in accuracy and sensitivity, and is complementary to traditional diagnostic methods. In clinical testing in recent years, POCT has developed rapidly and involves a wide range of fields, such as pediatrics, cardiology, infection, emergency, endocrinology and other clinical departments, which provide a lot for the needs of patients and some special populations great convenience.
At present, the most widely used immune chromatography technology on the market. Immune chromatography is a chromatographic technique designed for preparation, collection or detection and analysis based on the principle of immune antibody – antigen mutual adsorption. Generally, a known antibody or antigen is coupled to a microsphere or medium to allow the sample to pass. The corresponding molecule that can adsorb the antigen or antibody on the medium will be adsorbed on the medium, and then use a tracer material (colloidal gold) colloidal, carbon, quantum dots, etc. Antigen antibody detection technology. It has the advantages of intuitive judgment of results, good stability (solid state storage, long validity period), various types of test samples (whole blood, serum, plasma, saliva, urine, secretions, etc.), and low price.
The Application of Lateral Flow Immunity Technology in the Detection of Infectious Viruses and the Advantageous Flow
- Measured since the novel coronavirus nCoV-19 since the outbreak detection and diagnosis of infectious diseases once again brought to the wave. Infectious Diseases (Infectious Diseases) are a type of disease caused by various pathogens that can spread from person to person, animal to animal, or person to animal. China’s current legal infectious diseases are classified into three categories: A, B, and C , with a total of 40 types, mainly including plague, cholera, infectious atypical pneumonia, AIDS, human high-viral influenza, anthrax, influenza, hepatitis A, etc. . At present, the new type of pneumonia as an acute respiratory infectious disease has been included in the “People’s Republic of China’s Infectious Disease
- Prevention and Control Law” as a Class B infectious disease, and it is managed as a Class an infectious disease and some viruses have many ways of transmission and are highly contagious. Compared with other testing methods, it has the following three advantages:
(1) Quickly issue results
(2) Test site Unrestricted
(3) Low requirements for operators’ professional skills
- During SARS, H1N1/ B influenza, H7N9 avian influenza and other epidemic periods, POCT has demonstrated its application potential to help quickly respond to large-scale outbreaks. In response to the NCP epidemic, the Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China issued the “New Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) On-site Rapid Detection Product R&D Emergency The limitations of technology on personnel / places shorten the testing time, improve the convenience, promote the advancement of diagnosis, and realize the rapid diagnosis of suspected patients and the on-site screening of close contacts. It can be seen that POCT has important value in the treatment of outbreaks of infectious diseases.
- Colloidal gold immune chromatography is a new type of immunological technology that combines immune chromatography and colloidal gold labeling technology. Its characteristics are it is a single measurement, simple and fast, and the results can be observed with the naked eye in a few minutes. The advantages of this method are simple, fast, and timely, but the disadvantages are low sensitivity and easy missed detection. In addition to the direct detection of antigens and antibodies of infectious disease pathogens (NCP, influenza A and B, respiratory syncytial virus, adenovirus, etc.), the colloidal gold method can also detect infectious inflammatory factors in the blood (CRP, PCT, SAA, etc.)For more info Click here moviesda
For more info visit the site khatrimaza