Every day a person’s hair falls out, and new ones appear in their place. But it also happens that hair loss is the result of some health problems. So, every day a person loses from 50 to 100 hair and this is absolutely normal.
The life cycle of hair includes several phases. Some of them are actively growing, others are in a stable state, and still, others are falling out. Also, hair loss can be a reaction of the human body to the change of seasons.
However, if your hair starts to fall out in abundance, it may be a point of concern. In this article, we will help you know the causes of hair thinning or hair fall.
Why Does Hair Fall Out?
You should keep in mind that hair loss can occur for various reasons. So, most often people lose their hair due to the influence of factors such as:
- Clogged hair follicles
- Use of certain hair products
- Poor nutrition
- Hormonal changes
- Taking certain medications
- Iron deficiency
- Thyroid diseases
Hair Loss Due To Poor Drinking Habits
Drinking alcoholic beverages does not lead to hair loss directly but it can cause extreme dehydration, which causes damage to hair. Due to binge drinking, your hair follicles become dry and brittle. With time, it leads to thinning of hair. Alcohol abuse not only damages your hair but also your overall health suffers from it.
Therefore, you must get help from an inpatient or outpatient rehab center to recover from addiction. So without further delay, contact an inpatient rehab and detox center today, where you will get around-the-clock supervision from medical experts. It will help you curb alcohol cravings and restore your well-being.
Hair Loss Due To Poor Diet
Poor nutrition (for example, vitamin deficiencies or diets that are too strict) can cause hair to lose its vitality and become weak. Stress and unstable situations can lead to an increase in insulin levels. As a result, there is a craving for sweets and baked goods with a lot of glucose.
These products cause inflammatory processes in cells that harm your entire body, including your hair. In order to stop hair loss, you need to include more vegetables and fruits in your daily diet.
Which Products Are Worth Paying Attention To?
As for the most important nutrients, the following vitamins and minerals need to be highlighted for good hair health:
- Vitamin A: Found in liver, butter, eggs, and cheese
- B Vitamins: Rice, wheat, oats, lentils, walnuts, wheat germ
- Vitamin C: All citrus fruits, especially oranges, lemons, and pomelo; kiwi and spinach.
- Iron: Mussels, oysters, lentils, and chickpeas
- Zinc: Celery, asparagus, wheat germ, chickpeas, and liver
Hair Falls Out Due To Improper Care
Due to poor hair care, they start to fall out:
Tights Hair Bands
First of all, it should be noted that some people lose their hair due to mechanical stress. For example, due to the use of too-tight elastic bands or strong pulling of the hair on tongs and irons. The problem appears due to the fact that we regularly pull our hair.
As a result, they begin to fall out. As a rule, in this case, alopecia is reversible. But if you do not get rid of this bad habit in a timely manner, hair loss can become irreversible. It is best to wear loose hair bands or get a comfortable haircut if fluffy hair bothers you
Use of Harmful Products
The next factor leading to hair loss is exposure to high temperatures. So, bleaching hair, dyeing it, and using a hot hair dryer causes serious damage to hair follicles. They become weak, causing the hair to fall out more easily. That is why it is so important to use natural products for hair care without chemicals, salts, and ammonia.
Natural products allow you to take care of your hair in a natural way, keep it healthy, and do not cause allergic reactions and diseases of the scalp. You can regularly prepare masks at home with natural ingredients to strengthen your hair.
The use of non-natural hair dyes and shampoos, aggressively affects your hair, undermining its strength and health. Plastic combs and brushes with hard unnatural bristles can also cause severe damage to the scalp. Therefore, it is recommended to opt for brushes with soft and wide bristles.
Symptoms To Watch Out For
Some symptoms require serious attention on our part. If they are found, you should consult a dermatologist. For example:
- Excessive and prolonged hair loss
- After 2-4 months, decrease in the volume of your hair
- Your hair has become thinner and weaker
You should also take into account such signs as:
- Loss of eyebrows and eyelashes
- After hair loss, round bald patches appeared in various areas of the head
- Hair loss is accompanied by itching
- The scalp gets inflamed or reddened
You can often hear the claim that daily shampooing can increase hair loss. This is not true. So, we can conclude that improper hair care gradually undermines their health.
Effective Therapies To Stop Hair Loss
You can use the following strategies to prevent hair loss:
- Mesotherapy:This type of therapy is used to treat alopecia as soon as a person has the first symptoms of the disease. On the scalp of a patient suffering from baldness, new hair is implanted or special vitamins are injected. With such a procedure, the hair becomes healthy and looks natural. Moreover, there is no mark of this therapy on the scalp.
- Use of anti-hair loss products:Such products are able to prolong the phase of hair growth and delay the moment of hair loss. You can several such products in the market. However, use the one suggested by your dermatologist
As soon as you begin to take care of your nutrition, and take care of your hair with the right products, they will become stronger and more resistant.