Exterior waterproofing is an efficient method to protect your house from basement leaks. It is also a method to waterproof your home which involves a lot of work especially in the soil excavation stage. Hence, it is certainly not a Do-It-Yourself project or can be completed over a weekend. There are several phases involved and this is why you need licensed experts to handle the task.
Who doesn’t want a dry basement. With more rainfall, your foundation experiences more water pressure. A small water leak plugged by a sealant fix can soon expand to a massive problem. Hence it should be addressed immediately.
Cost of exterior waterproofing
The cost to fix a leaky basement may vary- but it is definitely in thousands to repair and replace drywall and floors. Dampness will not spare any part of your house- bricks, floor, structure or wood. The home repair cost will go up if water damage is left unattended or if the owner is dealing with clean water and not contaminated or sewer water. Usually $1.7 billion of the insurance claims are paid because of water damage in Canada every year.
The basement is often used as a work area, rental apartment or living space by families. The possible consequences of leaving your basement infected with water leakage are too dire. Hence, it is important to deal with the problem immediately.
Read more about: 7starhd
Steps involved in exterior waterproofing
Waterproofing PD offers solutions to all the challenges such as close proximity to neighbor houses, effect of excavation on your property aesthetics.
- Safeguard the working area with tarps
- Excavate the base of the foundation around the full perimeter of your home and uncover the footing and wall to prepare it for a waterproofing solution.
- Clean the wall and repair the cracks with hydraulic cement.
- Apply foundation aqua bloc which works as an asphalt membrane on the cracks in the foundation.
- Apply fiber mesh and another coat of aqua block for better protection.
- Get rid of the old weeping tile and install a new weeper with a filter and connect it to the present weeping tile pipe.
- Cover the weeper with gravel and install the filter on top to separate soil from gravel.
- Backfill the ground every two feet till fully backfilled.
- Finish off with gravel, clean the working area and remove debris from the site.
- If any replanting is needed, then do it.
- Install new window wells with drainage pipe if needed.
- You may also need to install a sump pump, if needed.
Exterior waterproofing is a full-fledged labor-intensive procedure. The procedure can take a day or even one week or two, depending on the complexity of the job. Get it wrong and not only will your basement continue to face the leaking issue but you will also have to dig up everything and re-do the procedure again. Who wants to spend additional money and bear the headache? Hence you should hire professionals for this purpose who get it right in the first attempt and make your house dry and waterproof for several years.
Visit the site: Khatrimaza