If you are a student, you most probably know that a BA is one of the most sought-after graduation courses. The reason for this is that students from any stream can opt for BA by Correspondence/Regular course and the curriculum is straightforward.
Also, BA graduation is one of the few courses for which students do not have to put so much effort into passing an exam. Additionally, students who are unable to enrol in this course on a regular basis can pursue it via correspondence.
Hence, get through the whole article to get all the essential information you need to know about a BA graduation degree. Additionally, you would also know the scope of the BA graduation complete students.
About the BA Degree Course
BA or Bachelor of Arts is an undergraduate degree program in the art discipline. The duration of this degree program is a minimum of three years to six years. So, in a BA degree course, students study arts subjects such as Hindi, English, Psychology, History, Social Science, etc.
Furthermore, students who are working or who are unable to obtain a regular degree for other reasons can pursue a BA from distance education or a BA by correspondence to obtain a graduate degree. Additionally, in BA distance education, students can pursue online graduation courses.
Furthermore, after BA, students can pursue various post-graduate courses and subsequently complete their BA graduation courses online. Also, students can apply for a job in the private sector and take various graduate-level exams to get into government exams.
List of BA Specializations
- BA or BA (Hons) in Fine Arts
- BA Psychology
- BA LLB
- BA in Economics
- BA in Journalism
- BA in Literature, Linguistic, and Language
- BA in Political Science, etc.
Why Should You Pursue a BA from Distance Education?
There are plenty of reasons why a BA by correspondence or distance can be beneficial for students. So, some of the reasons it is advantageous to complete your BA graduation degree:
- The curriculum of the BA regular and BA online courses is almost the same. So, online or distance students will learn the same as regular ones.
- Pursuing BA graduation courses online enables students to complete their graduation and work (or prepare for competitive exams) simultaneously.
- In an online BA course, students can attend online classes without going to college.
- A degree of BA from distance education is as valid as a regular degree for getting a job.
- Also, if students pursued BA by correspondence graduation courses, they would not have to spend much money in comparison to a regular degree.
- The BA degree is a job-oriented course, so students can apply for various jobs right after they attain their online BA graduation degree.
What are the Eligibility Parameters for Pursuing a BA from Distance Education?
Though the eligibility criteria for pursuing a BA by correspondence or online can be different for different colleges. But, there are some basic requirements to enrol in a BA from distance education course that is:
- Students can enrol for BA online graduation after completing their 10+2 from a board recognized by the centre or state government.
- Candidates of any age are eligible to enrol in this program.
- Also, students have to obtain at least 50% marks in their 12th grade.
Additionally, there can be other eligibility requirements that depend on the college you apply to for a BA online course.
What are the Best Distance Colleges for you to Pursue a BA Degree Online?
Some of the well-known distance education colleges where students can consider enrolling in an online or distance BA program are listed below.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Swami Vivekanand Subharti University (SVSU)
- Narsee Monjee (Deemed-to-be University)
- Online Jain University
- Chandigarh University (CU)
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University (SGVU)
- Dr, D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth
Moreover, numerous other distance education providers offer distance/online BA courses, so students can also consider a college according to their convenience and interest.
What are the Career Prospects for Online BA Graduate Students?
Career In BA degree holders is eligible to apply for a variety of job positions, including:
- Foreign Language Expert
- Book Author
- Social Activist
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Writer, amongst others.
Apart from that, students can also get jobs in banking, civil services, BPOs, and policing sectors once they complete their BA degree. Also, students can enrol in post-graduation courses in the same discipline or other courses such as Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
Can Students Complete their BA from Distance Graduation in One-year?
Of course, students can complete their BA graduate degree in one year. So, students can opt for the one sitting degree or single sitting degree if they want to complete their distance BA degree in one year. However, only in some circumstances is a student eligible to enrol in a one-year degree program.
So, students can take lateral entry into a one-year BA degree program if they have gotten a government job right after 12th grade or have a three-year gap in their graduation degree. Students can pursue a one-year degree course by breaking study mode if they drop out in the middle of their graduation degree. Last but not least, students can take a credit transfer to enrol in a one-year BA program when they complete their first or second year at one college and want to pursue the remaining courses at another college.
Therefore, in online one-year degree courses, students can take all their exams in one sitting at the end of the course year. Also, one-year degrees are government-approved and valid too.
The preceding information provides students with critical information about the online BA course and the benefits of obtaining a BA from distance education. So, students can apply at any UGC-DEB accredited college or institute to pursue a BA degree online.
Furthermore, a BA by correspondence is a viable option for students who are preparing for competitive government exams, working, or managing family businesses.