Cannabidiol or CBD is a phytocannabinoid derived from the cannabis plant and was discovered in 1940. It’s among 113 discovered cannabinoids in the cannabis plant.
CBD has been legalized in several countries all over the world for medical use or recreational use. According to some studies, CBD has shown substantial medical importance when it comes to eczema treatment. Eczema is a dermatological condition characterized by itchy inflammation of the skin.
What is CBD cream?
CBD cream is a popular medicinal product sold in skin products such as skincare lotions and sunscreens. You can purchase CBD cream from reputable brands such as Botanicam.
During the processing of CBD, all unwanted products are removed, and CBD oil is distilled. After that, the distillate undergoes an isolation procedure to ensure that the product has a THC concentration of less than 0.3%. The last process of CBD cream manufacture is internal and external laboratory testing, where an independent laboratory analyzes it.
When CBD cream is found safe by expert laboratory personnel, it’s then made available. The CBD creams are often applied topically to manage various topical conditions such as eczema.
Form of taking CBD for eczema
The main route of application is through the skin on the affected part. Before application, clean the affected area and the area surrounding it. After that, gently massage the CBD cream as needed and as per the dose prescribed. You may experience a few side effects after topical application.
Apply five times per day or as directed by the physician. For maximum healing, you should continue the application for seven consecutive weeks.
What is the correct CBD dosage for eczema?
You should start your application at low doses before gradually increasing the dosage. Ensure you are always careful when starting a new drug package or switching dose forms. If a flare of symptoms occurs, withdraw from the use and seek a doctor’s advice.
What are the advantages of using CBD in eczema?
- Reduces the intense pain induced by eczematic reactions.
- It does not penetrate the skin; hence no systemic disturbance.
- Easy application on the skin.
- It’s cheap and readily available.
- It has a faster mode of action hence relieves eczema symptoms faster.
- It is easily supplemented with usual pills.
- Available over the counter.
- Relieves itchy and cold sensations over the affected area
- Has minimal allergic reactions
- It does not react with other topical drugs, hence offers room for topical supplementation.
- Reduces inflammation
What are the disadvantages of CBD in eczema?
- Interaction with some other drugs
- Not available or legalized in every country
- Minor side effects
Where to access CBD?
CBD products are now being supplied all over the world. Creams and lotions are sold online by CBD brands or medical marijuana dispensaries. However, it is essential to ensure you purchase from reputable and licensed CBD companies.
What is CBD’s effectiveness in eczema?
When used to treat eczema, CBD effectiveness varies depending on factors like the quality, source, and dosage. The best CBD product for eczema is the lowest THC concentrations of less than 0.3%. Registered companies have listed their products on their websites, and you can comfortably select the right product.
Is CBD Legal?
The legality of CBD is complex and primarily depends on the specific state’s laws. According to the Hemp Bill prepared in 2018, CBD products derived from industrial hemp plants are federally legal but should contain a THC concentration of less than 0.3%.
It is essential to check the specific state’s laws before purchasing CBD products from online CBD stores or physical and mortar CBD stores. Also, it is necessary to note that the FDA does not regulate the sale and distribution of CBD products; thus, you cannot correctly determine the components of the product.
As of today, the FDA has only approved one CBD-infused drug product known as epidiolex. Thus stay away from brands that make false medical claims.
What do you have to consider when choosing CBD cream
When choosing the best creams, you should consider the commodity’s price for the total dose, CBD potency, CBD source, and quality control. You should also check on the ingredients used. This saves you from buying substandard products which not help you.
Another intrinsic factor to consider when purchasing CBD products is the certificate of analysis. It is a report prepared by a qualified independent third-party laboratory that helps determine the product’s composition, safety, and potency.
Other factors to consider include:
- Price of the CBD products-ensure that the brand you are purchasing from is selling at a reasonable price.
- The reputation of the company-ensure you check online reviews. Positive reviews show that the brand is reputable.
- THC concentration-a good product should be federally legal with a THC concentration of less than 0.3%.
- Source of the product-ensure you review how the product is extracted and distributed. It is also essential to check the hemp plant source and ensure that the plant was grown correctly. Also, the product is free from heavy metals and pesticides.
- Licensing-a good brand should have the proper certification to process and distribute CBD products.
Precautions when using CBD
Most topicals are safe to apply on your skin. Pay special attention to the type of carrier oil your product is made with since products with coconut oil may melt when exposed to heat. These products should be kept in a cool, dark place.
Also, if you are using other medications to treat eczema, it is essential first to consult your physician. CBD can interact with other drugs and cause the flare-up of symptoms or reduce the therapeutic effect of the other drugs.
CBD is a potent compound for managing eczema and other skin conditions. However, before using this compound ensure you consult a physician. When purchasing various CBD forms from the CBD stores ensure that you comprehensively analyze the COA to check the potency, quality, and composition of the product. If you are using other medications consult with your doctor who will recommend the best way forward.