Carrots are said to be good for the eyes. That’s right! Nevertheless, one thing is even more beneficial for your eyesight. Get your eyes moving! Maintaining your eye health and improving your vision can be achieved through eye exercises, according to experts. To improve your eyesight, read on to learn about 10 eye exercises.
This is especially true for those who want to get ultra lasik eye surgery. In order to qualify for lasik eye surgery, you need to have an unchanged eye sight for at least 1 year. So strengthening the eyes is key to maintaining your improved eye sight after lasik eye surgery.
10 Best eye exercises to improve your eyesight
The following are 10 simple exercises you can do to improve your eyesight.
1 .Near and Far Focusing
2. Figure Eight
- 20-20-20 Rule
- Roll Your Eyes
- Pencil Push Ups
- Around the World
1. Near and far focusing
The exercise improves your focus as well as the flexibility of your eyes. Here are the instructions for performing it.
- Place yourself on the floor of a room at least 6 meters by 6 meters.
- Put a pencil six inches from your nose and hold it there.
- Glance at the pencil tip and quickly switch your vision to an object around 10 to 20 feet away. After a few seconds, look at the pencil tip.
- The process should be repeated 10 times a day. With improved vision, you can shift to objects further away.
2. Figure eight
You will strengthen your eye muscles and increase their flexibility by performing this exercise. You can perform it as follows.
- Look at a point about 10 feet away.
- Make an imaginary ‘8’ with your eyes along this line.
- After 30 seconds, change directions and repeat.
It relaxes the eye muscles and relieves eye fatigue. The procedure is as follows:
- To warm your hands, rub them vigorously against each other for a few seconds.
- You should close your eyes, place your arm over them, and hold them for a few seconds until you see no afterimages.
The act of blinking distributes oil across your eyes in order to facilitate lubrication. Working on a computer or spending prolonged periods in front of a screen can require sufficient blinking. As a result, eyes may become irritated, dry, and painful. This can be prevented by following these steps.
- Blink several times during a short break.
- Take a few moments to close your eyes before opening them once more.
- You should repeat this several times.
5. 20-20-20 rule
People who spend extended periods of time in front of a screen will benefit from this exercise because it reduces eye strain. Spend 20 seconds looking at an object 20 feet away every 20 minutes.
Eye fatigue can be relieved with this exercise. You can perform it as follows.
- Maintain a straight posture. Straighten your thumb upwards and extend your arm forward.
- Spend a few seconds focusing on your thumb’s tip.
- Bring your thumb closer to your body by slowly bending your hand.
- Take it back to the original point and gradually move it away from it.
- It is recommended that you repeat this process three times.
You can relax your eyes by refocusing after spending long hours in front of a screen. Here’s how it’s done.
- Spend a few seconds looking at the farthest object across the corridor or a distant building from your window instead of your screen.
- Put your thumb in front of your eyes and focus on it for a few seconds.
- Five times is a good number to repeat this exercise.
8. Roll your eyes
Exercises like this help relieve eye strain. The following steps can be followed.
- Without moving your head, look left and right several times.
- Look several times up and down after this.
9. Pencil push-ups
Binocular vision involves looking in the same direction and seeing a three-dimensional view of the environment. It is possible to have defective binocular vision in certain cases. Such defects can be corrected with pencil push-up exercises. Here’s how it’s done.
- At arm’s length, hold a pencil in front of your eyes.
- Until you see a double image of the pencil, slowly bring the pencil closer to your eyes.
- Return the pencil to its original position.
- You should repeat this throughout the day several times.
10. Around the world
Your eye muscles will be strengthened through this exercise. The procedure is as follows.
- Choose a comfortable spot to sit.
- Take three seconds to look straight up.
- Spend 3 seconds looking down.
- Take 3 seconds to look at a certain point.
- Take three seconds to look left and right.
- 3 seconds each in the upper left and upper right.
- Make two counterclockwise and clockwise rotations of your eyes.
How can eye exercises benefit you?
Some of the benefits of eye exercises are as follows.
- They improve blood circulation and strengthen weakened eye muscles.
- Make your eyes less tired.
- Enhance your ability to focus and improve the functioning of your eyes.
- Light sensitivity is reduced.
- Hand-eye coordination, depth perception, and other aspects of vision are improved.
For eagle-sharp vision, regular eye exercises are a must!